Monday, April 12, 2010

Featured Artist

SatinandBirch

New York flower market decorative soap $18.00


1) Tell us a little about yourself. Hi my name is Leslie and I am 55 years old. I live surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains close to Lake Tahoe. I raised in Southern California my parents where two very eclectic and talented Musicians. I didn't much like to practice Piano and wound up in my room creating these monstrously colorful paintings.


Petit Pink and White Bows in Soap $18.00


2) How did you become interested in creating? Color seemed to be my strong point so I went from there to Interior Design and then to Graphic Design. My love for packaging is actually what started me on my way to making soap. I needed something to package! I wanted to create a sort of sweet and unique gift, that was affordable yet, not something that you saw everyday. I did a lot of research into what was not only pretty but was nurturing to our skin.

passion Rose decorative soap $14.00


3) What is your inspiration? Nature is absolutely my inspiration, my parents were avid gardeners and gave me a unique appreciation for the environment and how it needs to be cared for.


4) What is your favorite piece you've made and why? My favorite piece is your favorite piece. It sounds funny but there is a story behind every customer, and those stories give me a new appreciation for each one. I am so grateful people have been so enthusiastic about this product. I keep my thinking cap on all the time on what shapes to introduce next. I have some fun suprises in store.



SatinandBirch's work can be found at www.satinandbirch.etsy.com


Wanna have your shop featured in my blog? Send me a convo on my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Madeline,
Your blog is lovely. I'm honored.
Thank You,
Leslie

PAC said...

Your blog is GORGEOUS! Thank you for introducing this artist, her work is lovely! Thank you for also visiting my blog! xo