Sunday, October 3, 2010

featured artist



Tell us a little about yourself. Aloha! I'm Lindsay from Aisle to Aloha Studio. I grew up in a family of seven kids, married my insanely awesome hubby in May of 2009 and the two of us are now blessed to live in the sunny state of Hawaii. I'm a really unhealthy eater sometimes (one of my favorite foods is a PB & Bacon sandwich), I love to surf on my 7' 2" board and I write a little blog called "From the Aisle to Aloha".

How did you become interested in creating? There's not a time in my life I don't remember carrying around a sketchbook and a pencil pouch. I'd draw whatever was in front of me. When I was little, I spent a lot of time drawing while sitting in the bleachers during my brothers' wrestling tournaments. Later, in college, I'd sketch the beautiful buildings during a semester abroad in Sevilla, Spain. Over the years, my favorite subjects and style have evolved but a few things have always stayed the same. I love using bright colors and I love using this passion I've been given to glorify God.

What is your inspiration? Color, color, color. I love finding beautiful color combinations in real life--nature, fashion, home decor--and using them in my paintings. Living in Hawaii is pretty inspirational too.


What is your favorite piece you've made and why? Oh man, that's like asking me to choose my favorite child! I love all my paintings in different ways but one of my favorites is "The Wave". I created the original huge version for our living room and since so many people commented on it, I decided to paint a smaller version for the shop. I love the movement in the wave and the bright colors.

No comments: