Wednesday, September 1, 2010

featured artist - HeathersHobbies


Tell us a little about yourself. My Name is Heather McCall. I am a 36 year old stay at home Mom of 3 boys. I own a small Etsy shop named Heathershobbies. I crochet baby items such as: shoes, sweaters, blankets and more.

How did you become interested in creating? I started crocheting when I was 9 years old. I have been hooked ever since. I really started creating when I was pregnant with my 2nd Child. That’s when I wanted to really learn patterns. I would make baby sweaters and booties. I made each one of my children baby blankets.

What is your inspiration? My Inspiration is my grandmother. She taught me to crochet and knit. I would have never learned if it was not for her. She passed away a couple of years ago. I have her old crochet hooks which I use as a memory of her.

What is your favorite piece you've made and why? My favorite piece is the little button loafers. I found that pattern through an Etsy seller named Sylver. I thought they were the cutest things ever. They are now my best sellers.

If you're interested in one of HeathersHobbies pieces, take a peek at her etsy shop.

No comments: