Sunday, April 4, 2010

Featured Artist


JNpottery


Salt Cellar, Desert Sage Green $20.00

1) Tell us a little about yourself. I'm a leading edge baby boomer, mother of 3 grown children, grandmother to 2. I am an RN working in clinical research part-time. I really enjoy my outside activities, which include ballroom dancing, playing racquetball, travel and making pottery.

Agate Green and Redwood Spoon Rest $10.00

2) How did you become interested in creating? I've been doing creative things for years...sewing clothes for my children and myself, cooking and baking, knitting and other needle craft. I had wanted to get my hands into clay since my children were small, but I didn't get the chance until about 9 years ago.

Redwood Birdhouse $32.00

3) What is your inspiration? I love to cook, so making items that are useful in the kitchen, are good serving or baking pieces or that look great on the table is what I am about.

Teapot, Temmoku with Cane Handle $28.00

4) What is your favorite piece you've made and why? Asking me that is like asking what my favorite food is...the answer is "what am I doing/eating now."

JNpottery's work can be found at www.jnpottery.etsy.com

Wanna have your shop featured in my blog? Send me a convo on my Etsy shop.

No comments: