Monday, March 29, 2010

Featured Artist


ScarfKnitter


1) Tell us a little about yourself. I am married. I have one Chihuahua, two daughters, and three grandkids. I knit scarves; it is relaxing and therapeutic.

2) How did you become interested in creating? As a child, I remember watching a knitter in the waiting room of a doctor’s office. I was amazed at how she was turning yarn into a piece of fabric. So, I taught myself to knit with the help of a book.

3) What is your inspiration? I use scraps of yarn to try out stitches from a stitch dictionary. Then, when I get a new color of yarn it tells me which stitch to use to make a scarf.


4) What is your favorite piece you've made and why?
I like my Avocado Maze Scarf because it is young, fun, and makes an impression.

ScarfKnitter's work can be found at scarfknitter.etsy.com

Wanna have your shop featured in my blog? Send me a convo on my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Avacodo Scarf as well! What a nice pattern.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ednabelle

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the colors used!